Supplying Palatka, FL & Beyond
With Quality Fire Extinguishers
In the Business of Protecting Your Business
While you can’t predict when a fire will break out, you can best prepare your commercial property with our fire extinguisher services. Serving Palatka, FL, Putnam County, and surrounding counties, Lightfoot Fire Extinguisher Service, Inc. strives to provide exceptional customer service while keeping your business or home protected. When you need fire extinguisher maintenance trust our experienced, skilled team.
Services We Offer Include:
Portable Fire Extinguisher Products
Lightfoot Fire Extinguisher Service, Inc. offers a wide variety of portable fire extinguisher products ideally suited for your property. Have one of our professionals visit your business or home to determine the perfect model for you, and we’ll get you protected as soon as possible.
Fire Extinguisher Maintenance
Fire Extinguisher Inspections
Upon request, our team can perform monthly inspections, making sure your fire extinguishers are functioning correctly and are up-to-date. We also recommend that you perform monthly inspections, double-checking if the gauge is in the green. If it is red, contact our team immediately. Several times a year, turn the extinguisher upside down to fluff the powder, making it more effective in a fire.
90-Minute Battery Tests
Lightfoot Fire Extinguisher Service, Inc. performs 90-minute battery tests on exit and emergency lights in your business. The test mimics power loss in an emergency and requires the lights to switch to battery power.
Our technicians will observe the lights to ensure that they remain lit for the duration of the test. This test ensures that the batteries on your emergency lights will remain on long enough to safely and adequately evacuate anyone from the building in the event of an emergency.
State of Florida Truss Signs
For your business to stay in compliance with the State of Florida, a truss sign must be present in your business. We provide these signs and ensure that your business has the appropriate signage. This ensures not only your business stays open but remains safe as well.
Learn more about Truss Sign requirements below!
State of Florida TRUSS SIGNS (Truss Roof & Truss Floor Assembly Signs)
69A-3.012 Standards of the National Fire Protection Association and Other Standards Adopted.
(1) Except as specifically modified by statute or by the State Fire Marshal’s rules, the Florida specific edition of NFPA 101, the Life Safety Code®, 2006 edition and the Florida specific edition of NFPA 1, the Uniform Fire Code2006 edition, as adopted within Rule Chapter 69A-60, F.A.C., entitled the “2007 edition of the Florida Fire Prevention Code,” are hereby adopted and incorporated by reference and apply to those buildings and structures specified in paragraphs (a) and (b) of subsection (1) of Section 633.022, F.S.
Excerpt from NFPA 101, the Life Safety Code®, 2006 edition and the Florida specific edition of NFPA 1, the Uniform Fire Code 2006 edition:
(6) Notice required for structures with light-frame truss-type construction.
Purpose: The purpose of this rule is to require the placement of an identifying symbol on structures constructed with a light-frame truss component in a manner sufficient to warn persons conducting fire control and other emergency operations of the existence of light-frame truss-type construction in the structure.
1. “Light-frame truss-type construction” means a type of construction whose primary structural elements are formed by a system of repetitive wood or light gauge steel framing members.
2. “Approved symbol” means a Maltese Cross measuring 8 inches horizontally and 8 inches vertically, of a bright red reflective color, designed in accordance.
(b) Any commercial, industrial, or any multi-unit residential structure of three units or more which uses horizontal or vertical light-frame truss-type construction in any portion shall be marked with an approved symbol. Townhouses are not multi-unit residential structures and therefore not subject to this rule. Each approved symbol shall include within the center circle one of the following designations:
1. Structures with light-frame truss roofs shall be marked with the letter “R”.
2. Structures with light-frame truss floor systems shall be marked with the letter “F”.
3. Structures with light-frame truss floor and roof systems shall be marked with the letters “R/F”.
(c) The approved symbol shall be placed within 24 inches to the left of the main entry door and:
1. Be permanently attached to the face of the structure on a contrasting background, or
2. Be mounted on a contrasting base material which is then permanently attached to the face of the structure.
(d) The distance above the grade, walking surface or the finished floor to the bottom of the symbol shall be not less than 4 feet (48 in).
(e) The distance above the grade, walking surface or the finished floor to the top of the symbol shall be not more than 6 feet (72 in).
(7) In single tenant structures with multiple main entry doors, such as big box retail stores, department stores and grocery stores, the authority having jurisdiction is authorized to require that other main entry doors of the structure be marked with an approved symbol to carry out the purpose in subsection (6) above.
(8) In multiple tenant structures and covered malls with multiple main entry doors, the authority having jurisdiction is authorized to require that other main entry doors be marked with an approved symbol to carry out the purpose in subsection (6) above. In such structures, approved symbols shall be marked on one side only and spaced not closer than 100 feet or at each end of the structure when such structure is less than 100 feet in length.
(9) The owner of each new structure required to comply with this section shall mark the structure with the approved symbol before receiving a certificate of occupancy.
(10) The owner of each existing structure required to comply with this section shall mark the structure with the approved symbol within 90 days of the effective date of this rule section.
(11) Where the owner of the structure and the authority having jurisdiction disagree as to the use of light-frame truss-type construction within the structure, the owner shall be granted not more than 45 days to provide written verification from a licensed engineer or licensed architect; otherwise, the owner shall comply with the rule.
For all your fire extinguisher services and needs, trust the experts at Lightfoot Fire Extinguisher Service, Inc. Call 386-325-1734 or contact us today!
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM- 3:30 PM